2021 English Nationals – Invitation to apply for Mgr & Deputy Mgr roles
English Nationals – 21st-22nd August 2021
@ National Badminton Centre, Milton Keynes
To select and manage the line judges at the English Senior Nationals on behalf of the BLJAofE
Duties and Responsibilities
Manager of Line Judges
Liaising with Badminton England prior to the event to determine the court arrangements, scheduling and required numbers of line judges;
Liaising with the BLJAofE committee/keeping the Committee updated on progress.
Issuing of invitations to Members in a timely manner to allow sufficient notice for them to make arrangements to attend the event;
Selection of the required number of line judges, and informing them of their selection;
Attending key worker meetings as required;
Organising groups, appointing team leaders at the event;
Arriving before the start of the tournament (day before) to ensure the court set up is suitable and chairs can fit in where they should;
Briefing the line judges before the start of play on a daily basis;
Deputy Manager of Line Judges
The Deputy Manager shall support the Manager as required:
- before the event in liaising with the Manager in the organisational work
- at the event itself in performing tasks as assigned by the Manager
Qualifications required for management role
All candidates must:
- have hands-on experience of organising major tournaments
- have a good knowledge of the Members of the BLJAofE
- have excellent interpersonal skills
- be prepared to put in the hard work necessary before the event, and during the event
- be prepared and able to develop close working relationships with Badminton England
If you are interested in applying for the positions, please contact Martin Etheridge.
Please include a brief CV of your management experience.
If you have any queries about this event, please contact Abby Kumar.
Once a Manager has been confirmed, a separate Post will be made to request Line Judges for the event.
All applications must be submitted by 5.00pm on 20th June 2021