Competition Update from Badminton England
I have been in contact with Mark Downie, Head of Competition Badminton England, and he has the following update on the restart of competition.
- There will be some junior events in May and June. However, the numbers attending will be very restricted, and line judges will not be required.
- BE are trying to organise Senior Golds on 2 dates, the weekends of 10 July and 31 July. Line judges will be required for these events. We will inform you as soon as these events, and venues, are confirmed.
- The English Nationals will be held over the weekend of 20/21/22 Aug at the NBC, Milton Keynes. Line judges will be required for these events. We will contact the membership nearer the time.
- Under 17 Nationals will be on 27/28 Nov and the Under 19 Nationals on 11/12 Dec, both at the NBC.
- BE are working on organising events from September onwards, but the main priority for the moment are the events mentioned above.
Of course, all this is dependent on the national situation continuing to improve. We hope that this will be the case, and we can all look forward to getting back to officiating.
With regard to the Commonwealth Games in 2022, we have now received a document of detailed information with regard to National Technical Official requirements. Vicky Ryan, Line Judge Coordinator for the Games, will be putting together an information sheet for the membership, and you will be hearing from her in due course.
Thank you for the info.